If you’ve ever searched for health information on the internet, you’ve probably felt confused and overwhelmed by the amount of information out there. Don’t you wish you had some guidance and support? This book is the must-have bible to help guide, educate and support you in your search.
Somewhere in the region of 70% of internet users end up searching for health information online. On average, half of those searches are on behalf of someone they care for. With over 4 billion internet users in the world today, we are talking about over a billion people on the internet looking for answers to their health concerns without a guide.
Welcome to this guide. It will help you understand what is out there, how to identify what is credible and what isn’t, what to look for in a secure website, how to focus your search for particular illnesses, how to connect to other sufferers with the same condition, how to present and discuss your search results when you speak to your doctor, and how not to panic and remain calm without feeling overwhelmed. It also includes the top 100 most credible health information websites around the globe.
No matter how old you are, or where you are in the world, this book can help you. The internet is global, and your health is one of the most important things in your life. Make this investment.
• How to know if a health information website is credible
• How to find information on specific conditions
• How to connect with other sufferers of the same condition
• How to present and discuss your search results with your doctor • How not to panic and remain calm and focused
• A mini-directory of 100 credible health information websites